Introducing Music Garlic, an easy-to-grow farm favorite with deep-rooted history and robust flavor. Brought to North American shores from Italy by Canadian farmer Al Music in the 1980s, this hardneck garlic variety has since harmonized its way into many gardens and kitchens. Celebrated for its cold-hardiness, and reliable yield of large, full-flavored cloves, the Music Garlic exemplifies nature's best. Here at the Farm on Central, we've been growing music for over a decade.
**FREE SHIPPING ON SELECT VARIANTS**
- Certified Organic & Biodynamically Grown: Our Music Garlic thrives under the combined stewardship of organic and biodynamic cultivation. Free from synthetic interventions, this garlic benefits from the holistic approach of biodynamics, which enriches the soil, invigorates plant growth and preserves a balanced ecosystem.
- Historical Notes: Originally from Italy, the Music Garlic's journey to North America is credited to Al Music. Its enduring legacy is rich in taste, tradition, and successful cultivation.
- Bulb Details: Anticipate approximately 6-8 bulbs per pound, translating to 30-40 cloves. This quantity suffices to plant around 15-20 linear feet with a 6” spacing.
- Inspected & Clean: Rest easy knowing each bulb undergoes meticulous inspection, ensuring they're free from mites and other diseases.
- Planting Time: Best results are achieved when cloves are planted in fall, about 4-6 weeks before the onset of frost. Many growers swear by Columbus Day.
- Spacing: Space cloves 4-6 inches apart and 3-4 rows per bed 6-8" between rows.
- Depth: Each clove should be positioned with its pointed end skywards, buried roughly 2 inches deep.
- Care: Regular watering is paramount, more so during dry stretches. Mulching proves advantageous for moisture retention and inhibiting weeds.
- Harvest: By mid-summer, when most of the lower leaves adopt a brownish hue, it's harvest time. Extract with care by digging and subsequently allow the garlic to cure in a location offering both dryness and ventilation.
Usage Tips: The pronounced flavor of Music Garlic can accentuate dishes, from hearty stews and aromatic roasts to fresh salads. Much more concentrated than normal garlic. It makes a delicious garlic salt, and we love eating the scapes in the springtime.
Embark on a flavorful journey underscored by tradition and sustainable cultivation with our Organic and biodynamic Music Garlic.